“On your marks, get set…”Emma Doheny
Mar 23, 2012
Just Two Weeks to go to the Petmania National Dog Walk 2012
“On your marks, get set…” with just two weeks to go to the Petmania National Dog Walk 2012, there are 100’s of dogs in training with their humans around the country, getting ready to walk 5KM for The Carers Association.
Now in its third year, the 5KM sponsored dog walk will take place at 11 locations nationwide to raise money for The Carers Association on Easter Monday, 9th April at 2pm. Interested dogs and their owners are reminded to register early for this fantastic event, and avoid the late registration fee which will be payable after Friday 6th April..
Charlie has been heard howling about the fantastic walker rewards up for grabs by all fundraising pooches this Easter Monday too. For simply registering, Royal Canin, official nutrition partners for the event will give all participants €5 off their next purchase, while Allianz will give 6 Weeks Free Pet Insurance, with registration fees just €5 for one person + dog, or €10 for a family of four + dog, walkers would be mad not to take part. (Late registration fee of €2.50 will be payable after Friday 6th April).
Not only that, but this year, every time a participant reaches one of the fundraising targets set, they will collect a fabulous Walker Reward – with almost €600 worth of rewards to be collected by every participant, including a fantastic two night break for 2 Adults + Dog at Harvey’s Point Hotel in Donegal.
Registration is now open at www.nationaldogwalk.ie and at Petmania stores nationwide.
The Petmania National Dog Walk is a fundraising event in aid of the Carers Association with all money raised by the event going to supporting the counselling, respite and training services available to family carers from the Carers Association. To date the event has raised almost €100,000 for the charity, and this year it is hoped to bring that number up to €161,000 – representing €1 for every family carer in Ireland.
To encourage dogs and their owners to raise sponsorship, the following walker rewards for each sponsorship target that they reach, which adds up to €575 worth of rewards if the top number is exceeded.
- Raising €50 will help keep the phones answered at the National Care Line 1800 24 07 24 – walkers that reach this amount will receive a €10 Petmania Store Voucher
- Raising €120 will help prevent carer-burnout by providing in-home respite care – Walkers that reach this amount can add 10% off Allianz Pet Insurance to their walker rewards
- Raising €200 will help keep local out-reach centres operating – Walkers that reach this amount can add a free breed specific bag of Royal Canin dog Food to their rewards (worth up to €74.99)
- Raising €400 will help provide essential practical training to family carers. – Walkers that reach €400 can add a €40 Dog Grooming Voucher for Petmania Grooming Studios
- Raising €800 will help essential advocacy and research work aimed at providing family carers with a better quality of life. Reaching this top target, in addition to all the other rewards, walkers will receive a fabulous 2NB&B+1D Break for two people + dog at Harvey’s Point Hotel in Donegal worth €400.
The Petmania National Dog Walk 2012 is proudly supported by Lyric FM, Royal Canin, Allianz and Harvey’s Point Hotel.