Great Walker Rewards!Emma Doheny
Mar 01, 2012
Have You Registered Yet?
The Petmania National Dog Walk takes place this Easter Monday, 9th April, and is a fundraising event in aid of The Carers Association with all money raised by the event going to supporting the counselling, respite and training services available to family carers.
To date the event has raised almost €100,000 for the charity, and this year it is hoped to bring that number up to €161,000 – representing €1 for every family carer in Ireland.
To encourage dogs and their owners to raise sponsorship, the following walker rewards for each sponsorship target that they reach, which adds up to €575 worth of rewards if the top number is exceeded.
- Raising €50will help keep the phones answered at the National Care Line 1800 24 07 24 – walkers that reach this amount will receive a €10 Petmania Store Voucher
- Raising €120 will help prevent carer-burnout by providing in-home respite care – Walkers that reach this amount can add 10% off Allianz Pet Insuranceto their walker rewards
- Raising €200 will help keep local out-reach centres operating – Walkers that reach this amount can add a free breed specific bag of Royal Canin dog Food to their rewards (worth up to €74.99)
- Raising €400 will help provide essential practical training to family carers. – Walkers that reach €400 can add a €40 Dog Grooming Voucherfor Petmania Grooming Studios
- Raising €800will help essential advocacy and research work aimed at providing family carers with a better quality of life. Reaching this top target, in addition to all the other rewards, walkers will receive a fabulous 2NB&B+1D Break for two people + dog at Harvey’s Point Hotel in Donegal worth €400.